This winter Muslimahs United and Northwest Dawah Foundation invite you to volunteer and donate in support of our upcoming Muslim Community Winter Homeless Outreach Day event on January 21st, 2023 starting at 9:00 am. During this event, our intent is to provide a warm meal, beverage, hygiene supples, coat, blanket, and pair of socks to as many needy homeless as we can serve. We will also have english translations of the Quran and Islamic pamphlets available for those interested in learning about Islam. We did our first joint event two years ago which was successful Alhamdulilah. This year, we are doing things a little bit different in that we will be distributing the meals and supplies via a caravan of vehicles which will visit homeless camp sites around the city until we have exhausted our resources. Muslimahs United and Northwest Dawah Foundation are both 501(c)3 nonprofits with a track record of service in the Muslim community.
We need your help to make this event a success and invite you to volunteer, donate, or both!
We will need volunteers for the following tasks:
– Volunteers to make soups, hot tea, and other food items hot and ready to serve the day of the event.
– Volunteers to drive to deliver food and items to the homeless. We will be doing a caravan of vehicles which will store items in the back of vehicles and stop at multiple homeless camps to serve items.
– Volunteers who can help spread the word about this event at local masajid and throughout the local Muslim community!
Signup to Volunteer: https://form.jotform.com/223526165158154
We could use donations of the following items:
– Lightly used or new winter coats in good condition
– Lightly used or new blankets or sleeping bags in good condition
– New Socks
– New Gloves
– New Beanies
– Hot Soup, Hot Tea, and Bread (we prefer if you are making soup or tea tbat you also volunteer to drive and distribute with us but this isn’t required)
– Paper Bowls
– Paper Cups
– Hygiene Items (Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Shampoo, Conditioner, Pocket Size Comb, Handwarmers, Mouthwash, Adult Diapers, Toilet Paper, Travel Size Wipes)
You can donate and arrange drop off at one of our drop off locations in SW Portland or NE Portland. Email [email protected] to coordinate a drop off. You can also donate by purchasing items off our Amazon list here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1D0NX2NUWOSUA or you can make a financial donation toward costs here https://www.muslimahsunited.org/ (Use the Paypal support us button to donate! ). If you purchase off Amazon, please consider the busy shipping season and allow up to a week and a half for items to arrive before January 14th event date.
Join our WhatsApp group for questions about donating or volunteering for this event: https://chat.whatsapp.com/I2jESb3scAR7DPn4rJx2qy
Donation Drop-Off Contacts:
Sister Aria (Southwest)
Call to Schedule
Sister Fatouma (Tigard Area)
After 6pm or Weekends
Brother Nasir (Northeast)
Call to Schedule
Organizers Contact Information:
Point of Contact: Sister Samira
Office Phone: 503-246-1616
Northwest Dawah Foundation
Point of Contact: Brother Nasir
Office: (877) 329-2468